The Board meets approximately every two weeks on a day that maximizes the number of available Directors. Most decisions are made by consensus, but some are determined by a vote of the attending Directors. Three Directors are needed for quorum and Directors attempt to attend most meetings.
Most urgent matters are decided by email. Directors attempt to reply to email sent to their official addresses in a timely fashion and inform the Board of extended absences.
Board members may be invited to participate in the Burning Man Global Leadership Conference and other conferences. In the past the Society has subsidized some of the cost of attending.
The Kindle Arts Society holds Directors & Officers insurance that protects Board members from liability.
Duties of Directors
- Attend Board meetings
- Respond to Board emails
- Serve on teams as required
- Represent the Society to external stakeholders and make agreements on behalf of the Society
- Sign cheques for grants and expenses
- Edit the Society website and engage with the Society’s social media presence
Read the full Code of Conduct here.
- Organize meetings of the Board
- Presides at all meetings of the Society
- Prepare the annual report and strategic plan
- Carries out the duties of the chairperson during the chairperson’s absence
- Provide support to Special Teams as necessary (ie. Ranger Liaison, Kindle Academy, etc.)
- Conducts correspondence
- Issues notices of meetings of the Society
- Keeps minutes of meetings of the Society or assigns this work to another Director
- Holds all records and documents of the Society except those required to be kept by the Treasurer
- Maintains the register of members (or assigns this work to another Director)
- Keeps the financial records, including books of account, necessary to comply with the Society Act
- Make financial statements to the directors, members and others when required
- Arrange payment of grants and expenses of the Society from the Society’s bank account
- Chair the Art Grants committee